Friday, July 15, 2011

Ballpark Memories


It's Baseball Week on Pandiola Lane!

It's turning out to be a rather short project week, but oh well.
It's a long season so maybe there will be a revival of Baseball Week during the playoffs!

Anytime we visit a city with a Major League Baseball team, we try to get in a game or a tour of the park.

Some of the ballparks we've visited:

Cleveland Indians - Progressive Field
Pittsburgh Pirates - PNC Park
New York Mets - Shea Stadium
Philadelphia Phillies - Citizens Bank Park
Washington Nationals - Nationals Park
Baltimore Orioles - Camden Yards
Atlanta Braves - Turner Field

We've toured 3 parks so far (I think) and my sneaky husband has managed to scoop up a souvenir during each of those tours.

Warning Track Gravel!

We found these plastic boxes at The Container Store.
They are Amac Flush Lid clear boxes - 2-5/16" sq. x 3-1/16" h.

Boo blurry picture!!

I found a bag of 16 plastic baseballs at a Michaels.
(It must have been around Easter because the package says "Easter Collection".)



They come apart like plastic Easter Eggs.



So I printed the ballpark name out on my label maker.  Stuck them to the baseball. And VERY carefully glued them to the inside of the plastic box facing the direction I wanted.


Carefully dump the gravel around the baseball...


And you have a nice little souvenir of the ballpark!


I think it's interesting how the gravel is so different at each place!


Baseball Week ends tomorrow! But I have one more project to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...