Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Nap Time

This would be more appropriately titled 
"How to make simple projects much harder".

More about that in a minute.

This is another "As Seen On Prudent Baby" project.

So this is what I made during nap time today...

BIAS TAPE!


Double fold bias tape actually.  I didn't measure how much I made but it sure is a lot.  Not a bad deal for a fabric remnant that couldn't have been more than $2.


I bought two of these bias tape maker do-dads today and had to try it out.  I used the 1" maker to make this 1/2 inch double fold bias tape.




Jamie and Jacinda over at Prudent Baby make up tutorials that are FAN-TAS-TIC and super easy to follow and pretty easy projects.

So how did I make this WAY harder than it needed to be?

Well if you would like to make bias tape AND get a lot of use out of your seam ripper this what you do.

When you cut the triangle off the side (see the tutorial so you know what I'm talking about) make sure you first sew it to the other side the wrong way not once but TWICE!! 

First I sewed the triangle on right side facing wrong side instead of right sides facing each other. 
Ugh. Stupid mistake right? 

The I sewed it on again and while I was marking the strips I realize that I sewed on the triangle going the wrong direction (so I sewed a trapezoid instead of a parallelogram.)

Unbelievable.
Seriously, I don't know what is wrong with me.
I consider myself a proficient sewer so I really can't believe I made stupid mistake TWICE!!

Oh well...lesson learned.



Sharing at these Link Parties
untitled






Lovely Crafty Home

2 comments:

  1. Girrrrrrrl, this is awesome. I bought one of those b tape makers a couple weeks ago and haven't got around to trying it. Doesn't a yard of fabric make like 9 yards or something crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polka dots! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...