Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baseball Week!



In honor of the MLB All-Star Break, this week is Baseball Week on Pandiola Lane!
(Even though I'm a little late getting started. I know you'll humor me. Won't you?)

We are rather big baseball fans in our house, and the Home Run Derby and All Star Game are two events we like to celebrate.

On Monday we invited friends over for a pot-luck Home Run Derby party.  I think the Home Run Derby is a lot more fun to watch than the All Star Game.  It's always a show!! I love it!

The menu was all American cuisine - hot dogs and sausages on the grill, cole slaw, potato salad, fruit salad, homemade popcorn with Old Bay, watermelon, apple pie and peach cobbler.  Yummy!!

We even had our own Home Run Derby in the yard!



My husband has quite a collection of baseball stuff, so we brought it all up to our Derby viewing area.


As my husband says, he's a "bobblehead guy".





Signed Baseballs

Cal Ripkin Commemorative stuff and Ken Griffey Jr. signed ball

Hank Aaron needed a spot too.


I love this vintage looking Pez sign



Ballpark theme table

This might be my favorite - my hubby :) 
The shorts are pretty awesome.

I'm really starting to love the idea of theme parties.
Isn't it way more fun when you have conversation starters like all that memorabilia?

We also had baseball books on our coffee table.
Which I really should have taken a picture of because all books have been banished from our coffee table since our child started pulling things off.  You know what I mean.
I don't think anyone looked at the books, maybe because they were having too much fun :)

I couldn't just stop there. I had to MAKE something.


Check back tomorrow for the SUPER EASY napkins and table runner I made at the very last minute before guests arrived.  Yup, living (or sewing) on the edge over here.

Do you through theme parties??  Share your ideas with me!
I think all our parties should have a theme from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...