Saturday, April 7, 2012

Chiffon Shawl

A friend of mine was going to a fancy wedding and needed some sort of shawl to match her dress and she asked if I could make her something.  I admittedly am much more comfortable sewing with cotton but was willing to try working with whatever material she wanted.  You have to start somewhere, right?  We found this ivory chiffon (which scared me at first since I'd never sewed with it) but I got about 2 1/4 yards.  She had the bottom hem of fabric from the dress when she had it altered so I incorporated that with some beaded trim.  I LOVE how it turned out!

That serger in the background made a perfect rolled hem on the edges.

 
I love the way the bead add some shimmer and the rolled hem adds a slight curve to the edge of the chiffon.




My creation in action...



1 comment:

  1. beautiful, love how it turned out. I might make something like this for an upcoming wedding. thanks again

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...