Saturday, March 12, 2011

Jersey Fix

Have you ever finished a project and been so impressed with yourself (because you weren't sure how it was going to turn out) that you felt like you deserved a prize or something?

I had that feeling today.

Rewind back to Christmas when I gave my hubby a Capitals Jersey for Christmas.  Well, because I have a hard time paying over $200 for a piece of clothing, I went the cheaper route and got an "authentic" jersey from a discount supplier. 

Well....hubby was excited but after the excitement wore off he began analyzing every aspect of the jersey and decided there were some sewing errors that he just couldn't live with.  Long story short, we couldn't return it so it was up to me to fix it or he wasn't going to wear it.

Problems that needed fixing...(according to hubby)
1.  The name on the back was sewn on crooked.
2.  One of the numbers on the sleeves was sewn on crooked.
3.  The Capitals eagle logos on the shoulders were sewn on crooked.

So hubby found my seam ripper and took all those things off.  Great.

The shoulder logos were pretty poor quality and didn't quite make it through hubby's seam ripping adventure.  New, sewn appliques were ordered.

I have never appliqued anything so I was a little intimidated, but I'm not one to turn down a sewing challenge especially if it meant making hubby happy.

With hubs looking over my shoulder I got to work.  

Turned out great!  

And T is very happy with the results.



And so am I!!!   I can't believe how well the patches turned out!  I was really worried.



 I really felt like I should reward myself.


WHEW!! Just in time for it to be worn to tomorrow's game.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!!! Nice job!!! Never know what you can do 'til you try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I'll definitely be following you since you're a Caps family ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...