Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sewing Tip #1

Oh, it has been sooo long since I posted last.  My apologies!  I'm counting the days until the school year is over and I'm a free woman!  At least for the summer...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I can't promise how many *never before seen* sewing tips I'll have to offer,
 but I figured I'd start with this one.

Yup, this crazy looking thing 
is my sewing tip! 

I'll call it a Stitch Tester

I keep this odd shaped scrap of black cotton near my machine to test out stitches before doing it on my project.  Let's take a closer look.









Trying out zig-zags at different stitch lengths...




Different stitch lengths with that scallop (??) stitch...




I always test out my blind-hem foot before using it on the actual garment.  
I've hemmed EVERY pair of dress pants I own and 
I still can't seem to remember how to get it perfect without testing it out first. 
Good thing I practiced...this doesn't look too great...




Trying to get that satin stitch the perfect width before appliqueing those Caps patches on.




I was having issues with my thread tension...clearly...




Getting ready to fix some holes in a pair of jeans...
Did you know you can get jean thread?? Awesome!!




There you have it!  Looks like a mess but it save me from making a mess of a project.


I think it might be time to retire this one...

Do you have a stitch tester??
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...