Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blogging Thoughts

So when thinking about what I want to do with my little space in blog land, I've settled on a few thoughts:

1. Blogging should be about what you love.  What I love is making things and sharing them and that's how this started. But I also love a lot of things about the way we live. I love trying to be as green as we can. I love growing our own food and when that's not possible, I love finding the most natural, unprocessed food for us. I love updating our home and making every room a place we love to be. So you can expect a wider variety of post topics.

2. If I want to share what I love, I should not get hung up on how many followers I have or how many comments I get.  I teach full time plus private teaching after school and simply don't have the time to blog as much as most other bloggers I follow. However, I know more posts means people are more likely to follow.  So I need to figure out a system that works with my schedule that ensures I post more than once every 3-4 weeks.  I think I have a decent plan, but we'll see how it goes.  I'll still keep secretly hoping more people start following!

3.  I like blogs that are easy to navigate and aren't too busy.  I really don't understand much about html code but I want to keep learning so I can update things and make my blog space beautiful and informative and a place people visit often and share with their friends.  :)  That being said, I wish I could find an online reference for beginner bloggers to learn the ins and outs of getting things the way you want them.  Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...