Thursday, February 24, 2011

Crib Sheet

I am so in love with how easy crib sheets are to make, I could easily make WAY more than we really need. (How many is that anyway?)


Baby Izz definitely needed more than one crib sheet (which is all we naive-new-parents had) and the options out there are so boring! Plain pink or white? Come on!!  Her room is also all green and yellow since we didn't know she was going to be a 'she' until she was born. I love that there is now a little bit of pink in her room!

So of course Prudent Baby has a tutorial, which I followed and it turned out perfectly!  Go check it out HERE

I found this fabric at Joann's.  WAY cuter than any store bought crib sheet I've seen, but I haven't really looked very hard.

I made a casing all the way around and threaded elastic through like Prudent Baby did in Part 2 of the Crib Sheet Tutorial - perfect fit!

George and Dolly approve also.


Adding this to the "things that make good baby gifts" list.





2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have a stupid question. How much was the length of your elastic? Did you measure your mattress all the way around and just use that length or a little bit less? Do you need to use a bit less so it has that stretch? I am a bit confused and a beginner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't measure although I should have so I don't have to guess every time I make one of these! I just started feeding the elastic through and compared it to a store-bought sheet we had already. You definitely want the elastic to be smaller than the outside casing so it pulls the fabric under the mattress. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...