Saturday, February 26, 2011

Grocery Bag Holder

I have no idea how long ago I made this...definitely been a few years.  Even though we try to use reusable grocery bags we still end up with some plastic ones every now and then.  So there must be a place to store them!  

  The fabric is a very subtle green stripe (which you definitely can't see in my horrible pictures) and the bias tape is cream.  I used a darker green thread (probably because that's all I had at the time) that makes it a little more interesting and not so plain.  I also sewed the bias tape closed with it - you can sort of see that in the second picture.

I just guessed about dimensions as I made it.  Held up some fabric, sewed a tube out of it, attached some bias tape for the tie and put elastic in the top and bottom casings so you can pull bags out from each side...and done!


Keeps them contained and handy when you need one!


I like the idea of making tutorials (although I need to get better at taking pictures) so maybe this will be the first one! We'll see though...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...