Saturday, February 26, 2011

Yoga Mat Bag

This is another one of those projects that I just made up as I went along.  (Again, I have no idea how long ago I made this. Several years ago at least.)


The fabric is a remnant bin find.  (That remnant bin is my first stop whenever I enter Joann's.) I'm not sure what it is but it's some sort of thick cotton that's soft like flannel.


I made quite a wide casing for the top tie so it was easy to gather.


I used a black tie that came off of a pair of sweat pants that had ties around the ankles.  Not a big fan of pants with ties around the ankles.


I have no idea why I did this, but I folded the edges over and hemmed each side before sewing it into a tube.  Maybe because I was a novice sewer and though I needed to.  No idea....


Hubby just had to put his face in a picture :) 


I made a tube for the handle and zig zigged to top stitch. 


When I actually went to the gym for yoga I loved having a cute bag to carry my mat in.  It also works well if you need a strap for some of those leg stretches. 

Now my mat spends most of it's time propped up in a corner.  Occasionally, I do manage to get some yoga time in while baby Izz plays next to me.  My balance is definitely put to the test when she pulls herself up on my legs.





Linking up:
untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...