Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pleated Belt

I'm still here! 

I went back to school (work) this week so I'm back to having not as much time to do what I really want to do.  

HOWEVER, I've found some time to make an awesome pleated belt!


I was really intrigued by See Kate Sew's Pleat Week series.
I've never sewn pleats before but really want to try it out on something.


I think these are knife pleats?? With a box pleat in the back??


I have a lot of ribbon so used two pretty black ribbons and sewed them down really close to the edges.
(Oh, what a horrible picture....but the best I could manage at night, with a flash and a school-fogged brain)



I really love it! And I'm pretty impressed with how well it turned out. 

Now I just have to figure out what to wear with it and find some confidence that I can actually pull off wearing something like this.

If nothing else, I actually used my dress form!!


1 comment:

  1. Amazing work.
    The Mr. Pleater Board would be a great addition to your designing tools.
    It helps to create pleats and tucks, in a fast/easy fashion.

    You can view them here:
    www.etsy.com/shop/TonyGnyc

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...