Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Earring Frame

Making a pretty place to display my earrings was one of those things that had been on my never ending crafty to-do list FOREVER but I never got around to it.  Then I decided to make one for my sister for Christmas and finally got around to it. When I saw two of these lovely fox hunt pictures at Salvation Army for $1.99 each, (minus 50% for yellow tags that day) I snatched them.  


Another stop at Home Depot for silver spray paint and 36 in. x 84 in. Charcoal Fiberglass Screen and I was ready to go!  

I know it's probably hard to believe, but those dapper horsemen came out of the frames pretty easily.  A little sanding and 2 coats of silver spray paint covered the woodsman-ness and make them much more sleek.  

I had quite a lot of fun with the staple gun and the screen.  I was happy to have two frames to complete so I could perfect my skill with the second one.  My sister received the neater of the two, of course.

I already had picture hangers on hand so I attached those and was ready to hang up some earrings!
I love having my earrings out so I can see what I have and actually wear them!



Money breakdown:
- 2 Salvation Army Frames: $1.99
- Rusolium Silver Spray Paint: $4.24
- 36" x 86" Screening: $6.48/roll  (TONS left over)
- Picture hangers: already had
- Staple gun: already had
Final Price for 2 Earring holders: way cheaper and more meaningful than buying one.

Now to figure out what to do with the 70 + inches of screening I have left....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...